Thursday, January 25, 2007

I am now a blogger! Look out world!

I am about to enter the blogesphere. During the past couple of months I have read the blogs of others and have concluded that perhaps I can contribute to this new media, more honestly, if they can do it why not me.

I will use this space to give you some insight into the workings of the WOR morning show with me and Donna Hanover, but more importantly I would like this to be a forum for my thoughts on the news of the day.

The Presidents planned troop surge in Iraq, the 2008 Presidential race and not to mention the myriad of local issues will be my subjects in the coming days. For those who have listened to my program you know I feel strongly about the level of taxation in America, and especially the onerous level of property taxes in New Jersey. Stand-by for comment.

As I begin this new venture I must thank Shawn Novatt, the producer of the WOR morning show who coincidentally will be leaving WOR as of tomorrow, but he has promised to help get this off the ground and guide it. I wish him good luck but will hold him to his promise to help me navigate the new terrain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this, some kind of place to leave comments or something? Hmmm. Ok then, I'll assume that's the case and leave a comment. Is that ok? Good. Here it is. My comment: what is it with weather guys and Welsh Corgi dogs, anyway? I remember Ira Joe Fischer, the rotund Channel 2 weather drone, had Welsh Corgis. And now I hear your own (more svelte, one hopes) traffic god Tom Note has at least one also! What's the attraction big guys have with that little tailless breed, anyway? Shouldn't they be consorting with a more manly example of fauna, like maybe crocs or pit vipers or something? Oh well. Doesn't detract from the show overall, of course. That's sterling. It's just the Corgi thing seems to be a bit of an obsession for me. But other than that, yeah, great show. Was that a good comment?

Anonymous said...

Ok Joe, it's been almost a week. Time for another update! You have a sacred obligation you know, now that you've taken on this awesome responsibility. So....waddaya REALLY think of Corzine's plan to help tax strapped NJ property owners? I heard you talk a bit about it this morning, but...what does your gut tell you? You've been a news hound long enough, you must be able to see behind the political posturings and promises. Do you think we should take this plan at face valute, or are we gullible Garden Staters in for another broken dream? Great show(s), btw! You're a real treasure on the dial. Thanks for making my mornings!

Anonymous said...

Have you left WOR AM? Are you still doing stuff for them? Will you ve doing a blog every day instead of live radio with John?
Why did they get rid of David Patterson? He was a breath of fresh air!

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Bartlett. 1 March 2014
I am SO HAPPY you have more air time after that HORRIBLE new am person.
Thank God he is gone.
You are a breath of fresh air and always have been.
I just wish they would give you back your full three-hour am Saturday show.
Continued good broadcasting to you.
You are the BEST radio has to offer.
Sincerely,
Mimsey in CT